Welcome to Commute Tampa bay!
Tampa Bay’s new legion of teleworkers can provide up 20,000 meals for the hungry, just for working from home. Commute Tampa Bay is providing a new incentive in May for teleworkers to report each day they work from home, through a program called “Caring Commutes.”
Using the free Commute Tampa Bay app for IOS or Android, workers are asked to log each telework day. Collectively, if at least 700 telework days are logged on the app this month, TBARTA will provide 20,000 meals to Feeding Tampa Bay.
Get the app at the links above, or click here to learn more about the program and the rewards you can earn while working from home.
TBARTA's Commute Tampa Bay continues to support employers as they increasingly use telework during the COVID-19 emergency, through co-sponsorship of a Free Central Florida Telework Webinar Series that provides insight on working from home.
All three webinars are now posted online:
Commute Tampa Bay is TBARTA’s one stop resource for information to help you improve your commute. Here are the services we offer:
- Vanpool: Thanks to TBARTA’s partnership with Commute by Enterprise, a group of employees ride together in a vanpool – saving money and taking advantage of a $400 monthly TBARTA subsidy.
- Carpool: TBARTA’s free online ridematching service can help you find someone to share the ride... and the cost!
- Transit: TBARTA can help you find public transit pass options and service information based upon where you live and work.
- Biking: Riding a bike to work improves your health and saves you money. TBARTA has resources to get you started.
- Teleworking: TBARTA provides employers with resources to set up an effective work-at-home program.
- Park & Ride: We have a list of lots throughout Tampa Bay where you can park your car and meet for a carpool/vanpool or catch the bus.
- Free Employer Support: TBARTA offers free employer consulting services to help you identify, set-up, implement and maintain a commute alternative program for employees. Depending on the benefits you choose to offer, you may be able to save on payroll taxes.
- Emergency Ride Home (ERH): ERH is your commuter’s get-home guarantee, for both employees and college students. If you commute using means other than driving alone at least two times a week, you can you can get up to six (6) FREE taxi rides home from work or school. (Restrictions apply.)
- School Pool: TBARTA’s School Pool program provides carpooling benefits for parents and students.
- Best Workplaces for Commuters: Employers and developments that meet the National Standard of Excellence in commuter benefits can get on the list of Best Workplaces for Commuters. This is a free benefit for employers who qualify and participate in TBARTA Commuter Services Programs.
How to get started:
Want to get going? It's free and easy! Click the Ridematch link below to sign-up and we'll see if we can match you in a van or carpool. Or, if you want to take advantage of commute alternatives including local transit, biking, teleworking and more, click on one of the menu items above for more information.
And don't forget to check out Emergency Ride Home, a great program to give you peace of mind while taking advantage of all the benefits Commute Tampa Bay can offer.
TBARTA's Transit Asset Management Plan (TAM)
Through Commute Tampa Bay, TBARTA provides a regional vanpool program operated by a third-party contractor with vehicles not owned, operated, or maintained by TBARTA. However, the use of Federal funds to operate the vanpool program requires that TBARTA prepare a Transit Access Management Plan (TAM).